May 19, 2012

Sensuality of Food and the Lessons of the Bible

Nine and a Half Weeks: Famous Food Scene



Is food sensual? 
Is taste teasing? 
Can you seduce with food?
Yes, yes, yes! 
      These guys are just too sweet, a little spicy and delightfully hungry! Tasting the forbidden fruit... Even the Bible says about it. For what can better describe the earthly love than this language of taste? Delicious, fleshy, gourmet, piquant, savory, succulent, zesty language.
   
     Curious enough, we use the same organ when we taste food, when we speak - about love - and when we kiss - start making love. Should we use our tongue otherwise than for love? Should we use it otherwise than for praizing love? Why use it otherwise than to taste - love?



      -Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for his love is better than wine. Because of the savour of his good ointments his name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love him. Draw me, we will run after you: the king has brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in you, we will remember your love more than wine: the upright love you. 
    -As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. 
    -Your lips are like a thread of scarlet, and your speech is comely: your temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within your locks. 
   - How fair is your love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is your love than wine! and the smell of your ointments is fairer than all spices! 
   - Your lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under your tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment